How To Be A Star
Working with the media and enjoying it
How To Be A Star, Joshua Ellis’ Master Class, asks: Are you qualified to be a spokesperson for your company or yourself? Rarely do professionals get the public relations skills essential to furthering one’s career and dealing with the media with a high level of polish and savvy. If you interface with the public or deal with media relations, How To Be A Star will provide an excellent tool kit to succeed and enjoy the process.
How To Be A Star was originally created for acting professionals and students. It soon became very clear that the skills taught in the class are applicable to a wide range of professions in and out of the entertainment world.
Based on his 35 years experience as an entertainment publicist, Josh Ellis provides practical advice on to how to:
- Create buzz about yourself or your service, company or industry
- Give great interviews – TV, on-line, radio, newspapers and magazines
- Write smart program biographies and attention-getting resumes
- Get outstanding photos of yourself and/or your product and disseminate these pictures to the right outlets
- Work proactively and cooperatively with other publicists
- Know how, when, and if you should hire a personal publicist
- Create a harmonious relationship between your publicist and the other press agents
- Design and create a dynamic video presence on the Internet
- Participate in auxiliary media events when media opportunities arise
- Find your personal balance between the media’s accessibility to you and the potential loss of privacy
Ellis has taught How To Be A Star coast-to-coast, at professional theatres and on college campuses. He will tailor his presentation to the specific needs of your students.
Ellis’s interactive Master Classes are serious in intent but flavored with illustrative personal stories about well-known personalities from whom he learned the tricks of the trade.
After experiencing How To Be A Star, you will possess a practical tool kit to succeed in your chosen profession.
How To Be A Star can be booked independently or in conjunction with his one-man-show, CALL MY PUBLICIST! – THE STARRY EDUCATION OF A BROADWAY PRESS AGENT.
Joshua Ellis can be contacted at email@example.com or 212-307-1440 (New York City).